This year, policy makers in Europe are set to adopt and consider a series of bold new rules which seek to provide a governance framework for the burgeoning platform and data economy, secure Europe’s digital sovereignty and support the deployment of modern fibre and 5G infrastructure.
In this conference, celebrating the 40th anniversary of the WIK Institute, leading policy-makers from the European institutions, academics, regulators and industry representatives from across the digital value chain (and beyond), look at market dynamics in the post-COVID area and discuss the implications of new and proposed EU legislation and guidelines covering platforms, data and essential digital infrastructure.
Key speakers at the event include:
- Anthony Whelan, Digital Advisor to Commission President Ursula von der Leyen
- Olivier Guersent, Director General, DG Competition, European Commission
- Prof. William Kovacic, Global Competition Professor of Law and Policy, George Washington University
- Prof. Kostas Masselos, incoming BEREC Chair 2023, President of EETT
- Rita Wezenbeek, Director Electronic Communications, European Commission
- Prof. Alexandre de Streel, Professor European Law, University of Namur and Academic Director, CERRE
The first day (6 September), which will be devoted to “New rules for digital markets".
On the second day (7 September) we will turn to the topic of “Key developments in Telecoms regulation”. We have also included multiple opportunities for networking including a cocktail reception on the evening of 6 September to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the WIK Institute.
With regard to COVID-19, the regulations in force at the time of the event shall apply.